Aztlan Cross Country Classic Run will be a Virtual Run this year where you would cover the distance at a local park or trail on your own or with a smaller group to support the cause. We would still follow-up by mailing you the T-Shirt and provide a Finisher Medal to you. On behalf of the beneficiary and event organizers thank you in advance.
CHANGES TO SUPPORT SAFER EVENT PARTICIPATION
On behalf of our beneficiary partners, thank you for supporting us either as a Sponsor, Virtual Runner or by attending the event in-person. As we all resume participating at various run/walk and wellness festivals managed and operated by Aztlan Athletics, our goal is to make it as safe as possible. Once the municipality and designated county officials lift the restrictions on being able to operate medium to large size events. We are taking the following additional steps to ensure you safely enjoy the event with family and friends:
1. We will place additional hand wash stations at the event site, including sanitizers on tables along the route.
2. Those who have registered for the run will have the option to pick up a protective mask to use at the start, during the event, and take home. We plan to recycle the masks by using a designated FDA / CDC approved sanitizing company to refurbish each mask that is returned.
3. At registration, we will stagger the lines further to ensure there is adequate distance between the participants picking up their bib and t-shirt per the recommendation of CDC at the time of the event as these physical distancing guidelines might change over time. This includes having Aztlan Athletics staff to oversee the area.
4. At the finish line, create several “Finish Shoots” to help create proper physical distancing when collecting Finisher Medals.
5. Install signage reminding participants of the distancing guidelines while enjoying the event safely.
6. Provide goody bags for registrants to use when collecting sponsored items from exhibitors.
If you have additional suggestions as we move along into next year, feel free to provide your comments at email@example.com
33RD ANNUAL AZTLAN SUNSET CROSS COUNTRY CLASSIC
The 33rd Annual Aztlan Sunset Cross Country Classic is coming soon! This is a wonderful opportunity for sponsors to continue to help champion worthy causes taken by Aztlan Athletics Foundation to support their mentoring program through competitive running.
This is the 33rd year for this pre-cross country classic! We expect over 1000 runners from the Southern California section and our Invitational division will attract the most talented runners in the region to display their skills.
Location: Elysian Park, Los Angeles, CA
At historic Elysian Park, next to Grace Simons Lodge. Exit on Stadium Way from the 5 FWY. Staging and registration located at the entrance of Stadium Way at the entrance of Angels Point. Plenty of bus and public parking